Monday 9 April 2018

Iceland Gull





We had a great trip to the Coto Donana but the downside is that it's hard to get going again once you get back. With so many birds to see you end up a little numbed by the experience. Flocks of Flamingo, Glossy Ibis, and I seem to remember White Storks and Black Kites on every other pylon. So many birds that I often didn't even bother to get the camera out. I get home and it all seems a bit dead. There are a few migrants starting to come through but nothing to really get me motivated. I am almost tempted to do a twitch somewhere but fortunately I resist the temptation.

I didn't bother to put any pictures on the blog last week but now, a week later, looking back at what was about, there were a few birds worth recording. The 2CY Iceland Gull at Goring Gap made a couple of appearances but I only ever managed to see it in the rain....






and for flight shots it was always a bit too close.






A Purple Sandpiper on the beach at the Hillfield road car park in Selsey was a bit unexpected.






There were also a few Brambling about. This female being near the feeders at the Pagham Harbour visitors centre.









I had my first Willow Warbler in the garden but it was gone before I could get a picture and I have yet to connect with a Wheatear although there have been a good few reported.




No comments:

Post a Comment